Friday, June 30, 2006

Whoops!


There I was, merely remove a light fixture from what used to be our bedroom wall and is now the family room, and what should come off the wall in addition to the fixture? Why just a huge strip of paint. Yes, paint. The paint peels off the wallpaper onto which is was painted easier than a bandaid peels off your arm. The green is what we painted over the grey-white that was here when we arrived. Apparently, before the white, was wallpaper. The back of the paint had streaks of glided burgandy on it, which I am glad to be rid of. I rather like the effect of the worn faded wallpaper, but that may be just that I really dislike the idea of striping it and repainting. We are rather weary of painting.

Yes, I'll peel the stuff off the top too. I just need to go find the step-ladder so that I can reach. So, another project. Just what we needed. Bro-in-law and lovely niece and Dad are painting the barn this weekend, Jamie is building the deck, and I am painting the trim in the upstairs bathroom and hall .

No comments: